Click the link above for a FREE quote tailored to your moving needs.
How Much Do Movers Cost In Dallas?
Hiring Dallas movers can seem complicated, because almost every moving company in Dallas charges differently. The professionals at Wildcat Movers Dallas are here to break it down in a simple manner help you compare your different moving estimates.
There are several variables that all experienced movers consider when giving you a free moving quote. If a companies does not ask you about the each of the following it is reasonable to assume that they will not provide you with a very accurate estimate.
1. Move Inventory
Most movers calculate how many cubic feet of household goods you need moved by taking an inventory of all your belongings. Then the moving company can figure out how many trucks, and what size crew you will need based on the volume of your goods.
2. Stairs and Elevators
Next professional movers will ask if there are any stairs or elevators at your origination or destination address. Each set of stairs will add approximately 10% to the total time required to complete your move. Each set of elevators will add about 15% to the total time required to complete your move. You can increase that percentage to 25% if you are on a floor higher than the 5th floor.
3. Walk Distance
Last a moving company should ask if there are any long walks from where they can part their truck to the front door of your homes. If your walk distance is 50-100 yards you can add approximately 15-20% to the total time required to complete your move.
4. Drive Time
Second an expert moving company will calculate the drive time required to complete your move. There are many ways to charge for drive time. Most importantly you should ask your mover how they charge for drive time, and make sure you feel comfortable that they are being up front with their pricing. It may come in the form of a travel fee, hourly rate, or fuel surcharge. Make sure that their travel fee is transparent and easy to calculate. The average drive time for a mover is about 30 minutes. More drive time than 30 minutes will add cost more than the average move.
This is the biggest wild card when calculating moving time and cost. A very organized move can easily take half the time of an unorganized move. For the purposes of this article I am not going to quantify this variable. All I will mention is just be as organized as possible for you move if you want to save time and money.
How much does it cost to move a 4 bedroom house in Dallas?
$2000 is the typical cost to locally move a 4 bedroom house with no stairs or long walk. We are going to use variables of Move Inventory, Drive Time, Stairs, Elevators, and Walk Distance to show how this cost can change.
$2000 – Typical four bedroom house move inventory
+10% – two story house at origination (1 flight of stairs)
+0% – no stairs at destination
+10% – Long Walk at destination 50 yards to front door
+$100 – 1 hour drive time
=$2880 Total Cost to move a four bedroom house
How much does it cost to move a 1 bedroom apartment in Dallas?
$400-$600 is the typical cost to locally move a one bedroom apartment with no stairs or long walk. We are going to use variables of Move Inventory, Drive Time, Stairs, Elevators, and Walk Distance to show how this cost can change.
$500 – Typical one bedroom move inventory
+20% – 3rd floor stairs at origination (2 flights of stairs)
+15% – Elevator at destination
+10% – Long Walk at destination
+$50 – 1 hour drive time
=$775 Total Cost to move a one bedroom
Typical One Bedroom Move Inventory
400 cubic feet including 30 medium boxes, queen bed, headboard, footboard, dresser, 2 nightstands, accent chair, couch, coffee table, end table, shelf, tv, tv stand, table, 2 dining chairs, washer and dryer.